Thursday, June 02, 2005

Stem Cells

The MSM has used the stem cell research issue to pat themselves on the back about how smart & sophisticated they are, unlike those low IQd, cousin-marrying, right wingers. They always talk about about how the right "opposes stem cell research which could save lives" with pictures of Christopher Reeves & Michael J Fox. They rarely bother to note that the right only opposes using embryonic stem cells. They rarely note that embryos are not the only source of stem cells.

NRO's Kathryn Jean Lopez has done an excellent series on adult stem cells. The umbilical cord is an incredibly rich source of stem cells, as many as 57 disease have been cured using umblilical cord stem cells. But, the MSM chooses to focus on embryo derived stem cells. They argue that there are already so many "abandoned embryos", excess frozen embryos from IVF procedures, who would be destroyed anyway, so why not use them.

But, what happens if we were to open that gate, when the thousands of scientists all demand stem cell lines to experiment on. Would there really be enough abandoned embryos to go around for every lab? It takes more than ten years of research to develop one drug, very few experiments yield a result, very few data gathering sessions go well. Read any scientific paper, they mention that some of the trials were discarded due to procedural mistakes, that is, a lab assistant had put in reagent A instead of B or the grad student had forgotten to store the sample properly. Scientists are human, & they make human mistakes. To develop the kinds of cures they promise, it will take millions, if not billions of embryos.

So, were are these embryos going to come from? If there aren't enough IVF embryos, then the only other alternative is aborted embryos. Even the left, supposedly, agrees that abortion is bad & should be rare, we should all take an effort to prevent an abortion from happening. But, if we needed the embryos for research, they'll be singing a different tune. Who knows, we might even have The National Cancer Society giving an award to the woman who had the most abortions, for being a heroine who "saved the lives of cancer victims".

What impact would it have on teen sex ed programs. Now, at least in theory, sex ed programs are designed to help kids make "responsible decisions". But, abortions are the result of irresponsible decisions, however, if we were to try to reduce their number, we would be hindering the development of life saving cures. A catch 22 isn't it.

We know that each of us have a unique genetic make-up. To develop cures for a genetically caused disease, you must have a cell which contains that particular gene. For example, to study breast cancer, you would need a cell which contains a BRC1 gene ect. What if you were studying a rare type of gene or mutation, how would you get it? Would you have to wait until someone "abandons" or aborts an embryo with that particular sequence, it could take a long time, during which, people, perhaps a beloved celebrity, will die of this painful disease.

Presently, researchers pay women to harvest their eggs for experiments. As abortion is legal & some see nothing wrong with it, why should it not be possible to "buy embryos". Of course it would begin in a way that no one could oppose without looking cold blooded, perhaps a mother conceiving & aborting a fetus to be used to save her sick little girl. Who, after seeing the pain & suffering of the angelic, brown eyed cherub, could find it in their hearts to condemn her? A few days of 24 hour news stations later, most people will give it their blessing.

This will open the gates to an embryo industry which will truel turn women into baby making machines (of course this kind thinking is banned at NOW, were all abortion is good & empowering while all motherhood & marriage is slavery). The women who will be selling embryos will be, for the most part, those at the bottom of the economic ladder. Abortion is harmful, not only psychologically, but physically. What kind of a society will we become, when we condone such horrific exploitation of women.

What will happen to the poor woman who has a sought after gene in her DNA, but refuses to have an abortion, which can provide her children some much needed money? Will women from Third World Countries be recruited to supply embryos? What kind of an effect would this have not only on gender relations, but the haves & the have nots?

Welfare produced a pathological underclassman community, of teenage single mothers & criminally-prone, absent fathers. What will the subtle encouragement of abortion do to this community. Nothing good, that's for sure.

I realize that the scenario I've described is a little dramatic, but if you said 60 years ago, that welfare would create ghettos, you would have been called crazy. The Moynahan Report was mercilessly mocked at the time of its publication.

The good thing is we don't have to allow this to happen. Umbilical stem have shown so much promise. A team of scientists headed by Dr. Yuri Verlinsky of the Reproductive Genetics Institute, Chicago has developed a "stembrid" technique which does not require the destruction of embryos. A 38 year old Korean woman, who had been paralyzed for 19 years walked after being injected with umbilical stem cells.

Really, it's a debate that's not even worth having, adult stem cells can perform as well as embryonic stem cells, they are more readily available, they can be gathered in a humane, fair manner, so why don't we all act like adults & move on?

Comments:
Hi Blogger your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on singapore cord blood bank I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to this post, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about singapore cord blood bank. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!
 
Hey this blog is not about cord blood test. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on cord blood test and it brought me to your blog on this post. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog Blogger and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I will snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff on here that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)
 
I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding blood cord dependent diabetics insulin technique and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) Blogger your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on blood cord dependent diabetics insulin technique was way off when compared to this post and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for blood cord dependent diabetics insulin technique for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really started getting into it.
P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at blood cord dependent diabetics insulin technique. You never know you may find some good deals!
 
Hi Blogger your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on cord blood banking canada I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to this post, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about cord blood banking canada. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!
 
Hi Blogger your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on cryocell cord blood I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to this post, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about cryocell cord blood. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!
 
All I can say is WOW Blogger. The other half and I just got back from our friends house (well her friends house) and I needed a huge break. I am working on a project right now that is based on umbilical cord blood banking advantages. I have literally been on-line for 2-3 hours doing research. Even though this post really isn’t on the same page as umbilical cord blood banking advantages I am certainly glad I came across your blog. There are a ton of great view points on this blog. Well I think I can here the kids screaming in the background. I put you in my internet favorites and I will certainly come back and visit. If you want to take a peek at my site you can find me here at umbilical cord blood banking advantages. I update my site very frequently. Again, great job blogging and I will be back again soon!
 
Hi Blogger your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on freezing umbilical cord blood I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to this post, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about freezing umbilical cord blood. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!
 
Hey this blog is not about cord blood banking canada. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on cord blood banking canada and it brought me to your blog on this post. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog Blogger and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I will snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff on here that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)
 
What up Blogger! I just finished up a ten hour work day and decided to kick back and do some surfing. So I grabbed myself a drink and stumbled across your blog while doing some research on umbilical cord blood banking advantages for a upcoming project I am doing. Well even though this post isn’t what I was looking for I really enjoyed reading your blog. Your doing a great job and please keep up the good work. Lots of people do not keep their blogs up to date :0) There are some very interesting view points stated here. Anyways I am going to grab the bull by the horns and continue to plug away at umbilical cord blood banking advantages. I have already bookmarked your blog. You many want to visit me at umbilical cord blood banking advantages. You never know you might see something you like! Again great job
 
Hi Blogger your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on cord blood banking canada I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to this post, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about cord blood banking canada. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!
 
I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding cord blood ontario and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) Blogger your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on cord blood ontario was way off when compared to this post and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for cord blood ontario for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really started getting into it.
P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at cord blood ontario. You never know you may find some good deals!
 
What up Blogger! I just finished up a ten hour work day and decided to kick back and do some surfing. So I grabbed myself a drink and stumbled across your blog while doing some research on umbilical cord blood gas for a upcoming project I am doing. Well even though this post isn’t what I was looking for I really enjoyed reading your blog. Your doing a great job and please keep up the good work. Lots of people do not keep their blogs up to date :0) There are some very interesting view points stated here. Anyways I am going to grab the bull by the horns and continue to plug away at umbilical cord blood gas. I have already bookmarked your blog. You many want to visit me at umbilical cord blood gas. You never know you might see something you like! Again great job
 
Hey this blog is not about umbilical cord blood preservation. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on umbilical cord blood preservation and it brought me to your blog on this post. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog Blogger and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I will snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff on here that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)
 
Well this blog certainly is not about cord blood banking canada. What the heck! I guess the internet can play some tricks on us sometimes. I have been on-line for two hours
researching cord blood banking canada and came tumbling across your blog. I LOVE IT! I needed a break from cord blood banking canada anyways :-) If you don't mind I want to add your
blog to my favorites list so I can come back later on and read some more stuff. Well I guess I should get back to researching cord blood banking canada.
Even though my search is not on this post I am glad I came across your blog. Keep blogging away!
 
Hey this blog is not about cord blood banking canada . Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on cord blood banking canada and it brought me to your blog on this post. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog Blogger and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I will snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff on here that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)
 
I love your blog Blogger. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of stem cell from umbilical cord blood and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on stem cell from umbilical cord blood . Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit this post again!!
 
I love your blog Blogger. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of saving umbilical cord blood and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on saving umbilical cord blood . Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit this post again!!
 
Sad to say I just got back from a bowling tournament and decided to log in and do some websurfing. Blogger I love your blog. I had some very good laughs. I am doing a paper on bank blood cord private and have been downloading information for the last hour. I don’t know how I came across this post but I am glad I did. It has set me back a little because I have spent the last hour reading your archives. If you don’t mind I would like to add you to my favorites so I can back again and read some more. Well I need to get back to bank blood cord private . I am almost finished with it. Great job.
p.s some very good points on your blog
 
I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding bank blood cord private and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) Blogger your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on bank blood cord private was way off when compared to this post and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for bank blood cord private for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really started getting into it.
P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at bank blood cord private . You never know you may find some good deals!
 
Well this blog certainly is not about stem cell from umbilical cord blood . What the heck! I guess the internet can play some tricks on us sometimes. I have been on-line for two hours
researching stem cell from umbilical cord blood and came tumbling across your blog. I LOVE IT! I needed a break from stem cell from umbilical cord blood anyways :-) If you don't mind I want to add your
blog to my favorites list so I can come back later on and read some more stuff. Well I guess I should get back to researching stem cell from umbilical cord blood .
Even though my search is not on this post I am glad I came across your blog. Keep blogging away!
 
Well I just got back from the gym and I am beat. I am currently doing some research on cord blood retrieval and stumbled across your blog. Which cracks me up really. The internet can certainly land you off base sometimes. Even though this post is not completely related I think it is a cool blog. I have read back through the archives and lots of people make some very good points. Well I have been on-line forever it seems. I need to continue to plug away at cord blood retrieval . If you have the energy swing by cord blood retrieval . I try to update my site weekly and maybe you will see something you like. I already snagged your URL and put it in my favorites. If you do not mind I will be back again. Great job!
 
What up Blogger! I just finished up a ten hour work day and decided to kick back and do some surfing. So I grabbed myself a drink and stumbled across your blog while doing some research on cord blood family trust for a upcoming project I am doing. Well even though this post isn’t what I was looking for I really enjoyed reading your blog. Your doing a great job and please keep up the good work. Lots of people do not keep their blogs up to date :0) There are some very interesting view points stated here. Anyways I am going to grab the bull by the horns and continue to plug away at cord blood family trust. I have already bookmarked your blog. You many want to visit me at cord blood family trust. You never know you might see something you like! Again great job
 
I love your blog Blogger. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of bank blood cord private and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on bank blood cord private . Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit this post again!!
 
Sad to say I just got back from a bowling tournament and decided to log in and do some websurfing. Blogger I love your blog. I had some very good laughs. I am doing a paper on stem cell from umbilical cord blood and have been downloading information for the last hour. I don’t know how I came across this post but I am glad I did. It has set me back a little because I have spent the last hour reading your archives. If you don’t mind I would like to add you to my favorites so I can back again and read some more. Well I need to get back to stem cell from umbilical cord blood . I am almost finished with it. Great job.
p.s some very good points on your blog
 
I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding collection of umbilical cord blood and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) Blogger your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on collection of umbilical cord blood was way off when compared to this post and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for collection of umbilical cord blood for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really started getting into it.
P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at collection of umbilical cord blood. You never know you may find some good deals!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?